The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Troubles with Forum threads
Is anyone having problems with forum threads. Last night Friday 09/08/19 I put on a thread about starting handle kick back. I got two replies which were helpful and I replied to both thanking them and asking a further question. Today Saturday 10/08/19 I looked on the forum to see if their were any further replies only to find that just my original question was on the thread. Neither of the two replies or my further question were there. To check if the problem lay with my iPad I have cleared the memory and imput again the forum site address. This has made no difference ar all.They are still not there.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I noticed something unusual just now. Although I usually stay logged into the forum permanently, I found today that I was logged out and had to enter my login details for the first time in a long while.
I have found that I lose the log in if I have been away for some days and not looked on the forum. I assumed that it drops you after a fixed time, but I have no idea how long that is.
Robert Leigh
It is possible contributors have gone back and deleted their replies, if for some reason they think better of them. Though if it's the thread I'm thinking of I can't imagine why.
I have found that if you reply to a thread, but that you are not on the latest "reply", then your post will get lost.
Just checked the Starting Handle thread - there are seven replies showing on my Windows 10 laptop - try a proper computer !  Big Grin
Same here all show on my PC no problem. Ted
Even weirder, I am seeing 2 sarting handle kick back threads, 1 with 5 replies and 1 with 7 replies.
I suspect the trouble is not that replies have disappeared but that somehow the thread has become duplicated.
All good with eight replies on the Laptop ? (or nine with this :-)

Problems your end ?