The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French Cyclocars
(09-10-2017, 11:17 PM)Mark McKibbin Wrote: I suppose a VeloSolex would look too mundane in this company, they were very popular though.

Yep. I've got one. 1966 model 3800 in its original state. Runs but doesn't exactly replicate a Fireblade. Fine as long as you don't point it uphill.
(10-10-2017, 10:29 AM)Reckless Rat Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 11:17 PM)Mark McKibbin Wrote: I suppose a VeloSolex would look too mundane in this company, they were very popular though.

Yep. I've got one. 1966 model 3800 in its original state. Runs but doesn't exactly replicate a Fireblade. Fine as long as you don't point it uphill.

Yes I have a 3300, rough and ready, always starts and the fuel must be 5 years old.
Cheers

Mark
Reckless ...

Would this by any chance be a satelite to the excellent Cyclecar thread running at length on the HAMB..if not well worth a shuftie.
Following on from Mark's comments on the Facellia, I know a little of these cars.

It appears to be an early FA series, of which 414 convertibles, 36 2+2 coupés and 68 4-seater coupés were manufactured. The door handles give it away in the small circular button pushes. The front rad. side grilles, with the metal strip between them and the metal strips along the sides are not standard fitment.
The car is fitted with the desirable Nardi steering wheel and the Borrani pierced-disc Turbo road wheels should be painted silver, not white.
Overall however, a very desirable car. 

I remember as a youth, viewing an ex Peter Sellers' Facel Vega for sale at Lazenby Garages, in Rothley Leics. A Mecca for exotica - how many people remember them?!
If we going the Solex route, have you tried googling Velo-solex racing?

Having had numerous 2CVs it seems as if it's almost obligatory to have a Solex to keep it company. I was riding mine last weekend

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Been there done that. Have had two 2CV vans in the past but have now upgraded to a 22 yr old diesel C15 which is light years ahead of any "Deuch". I need to sort the Solex though. It runs but lacks power and really only runs if the choke is half open. I've tried everything to get it to rev out properly but to no avail.

There's a good video of a Solex in action in Paris here (rather him than me):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87ky9YLQcc8
I had a similar problem and cured it with a new pump diaphragm and jet. Still needs LPA on steeper hills though...
Duncan, PM sent.
Interesting to see how the vibration of the camera smoothed the rue pavé into Tarmac look-alike until it was in close up.
(11-10-2017, 06:06 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Been there done that. Have had two 2CV vans in the past but have now upgraded to a 22 yr old diesel C15 which is light years ahead of any "Deuch". I need to sort the Solex though. It runs but lacks power and really only runs if the choke is half open. I've tried everything to get it to rev out properly but to no avail.

There's a good video of a Solex in action in Paris here (rather him than me):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87ky9YLQcc8
Brings a real meaning to "white knuckle ride!" A lot of firm clenching of hands on the brake levers, with not a lot of result. Bit like a Seven really...