The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1926 Doctor's Coupe for sale on eBay
Refreshing honest of the seller to tell everyone the chassis has been shortened.

It would depend on how it was done?

If they took 9 inch from middle, and stepped 3 back in. Then I could see the DVLA worry. IF it came up.

If it's been taken of the ends, less of a problem. Then all you have to do is is replicate the members. And nobody would be any the wiser.

Also, I don't understand terminoligy of forum users.

WHY IS IT A SPECIAL.

Surely a special doesn't have a known body shape, that's why we call them specials. Because we don't know what else to call them.

Isn't this body replicating a doctors coup.

Tony.
(19-07-2019, 03:04 PM)Tony Betts Wrote: Refreshing honest of the seller to tell everyone the chassis has been shortened.

It would depend on how it was done?

If they took 9 inch from middle, and stepped 3 back in. Then I could see the DVLA worry. IF it came up.

If it's been taken of the ends, less of a problem. Then all you have to do is is replicate the members. And nobody would be any the wiser.

Also, I don't understand terminology of forum users.

WHY IS IT A SPECIAL.

Surely a special doesn't have a known body shape, that's why we call them specials. Because we don't know what else to call them.

Isn't this body replicating a doctors coup.

Tony.
Spot on Toni on the Special terminology, I have seen this car over 25 years at 750 Beaulieu it was red in colour.
Sorry Tony, i’ll call it a nice little replica instead!  Smile
Hi Ivor,

No need for apologies, nothing ment by it.

I guess I have old ideas of what cars were called, and understood to be. (Thought to be Big Grin).

Now people put lists of what they think things should be called on the inter web thingy. With explanations so long, I forget what day it is reading them.

I blame it on the kids today Huh but I should probably blame grandad for thinking he is down with the kids Huh

Tony.
It’s a car.

Somebody currently owns it - somebody else will own it soon.

All cars are special, to their owners, at the very least.

Long may that be the case.
Amen to that Ruairidh!
Does anyone know where I could get an exhaust manifold of the type fitted to the Doctors coupe.
I am unable to get one made as I don't have a pattern.
Any information appreciated