The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wall of Death Revisited
Wall of death at Chateau Impney, image from Facebook.

Intriguing. Once they got into vertical orbit could slow down! Seven owners do become very adept at conserving momentum when approaching climbs but dunno how a Seven based car would go on the vertical side.
The Forum creates  a few brain exercises. I am trying not to think through the process of training, loading, unloading, placating the lion....
The animal welfare were presumably concerned about the lion's hearing.
The Austin owner may have been able to contribute to recent discussion about valve cover leakage. Presumably he used the original grease mix in diff.
I think the lion was stuffed...
They may have been stuffed with food, but they were definitely alive! A quote from Ann's book:

"... At the side of the car was a platform and Egbert travelled with one of two lions, called Monarch and Briton. Egbert allowed one lion to jump onto the platform and then drove the car round the Wall of Death; the lion was not strapped on at all. The lions took it in turns to be the ‘passenger’ - the first time the lion ever went on the wall he enjoyed it so much he refused to get off..."

.jpeg   F2A84DD7-0737-44D2-934C-66C3CDCDDE6D.jpeg (Size: 27.1 KB / Downloads: 183)

... that’s an identical expression to my English Bull Terrier who delighted in hanging his head out of the car window at speed.. not PC today of course !

Different car, different wall... different lion ?
Well, next year none of this talking far too much in the paddock, we'll have to rush straight to the Wall of Death! There was much discussion as to whether the Mini on two wheels stunt could be performed with a Seven. No chance with a Ruby, but a certain autotest driver has successfully shown how to do it!
In the world of Pembleton there is a famous Jack Russell, "Jock" who rides as co-pilot to Colin Ferguson, leaning out and in to all the bends, one foot swapping to the other on the heat-shield of the nearside exhaust pipe. (He wears a harness and is attached)

An honorary Pembletoniste, welcome everywhere.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Tim Woods, a victorious TT rider on Scott motorcycles, turned up (when retired) at a local wall of death show. Spotted by the organisers as a famous racer, he was invited to have a go, which he did, successfully. Next on the agenda was a motorcycle and sidecar, only before starting his run, the organisers popped a lion into the chair, and off he went. Now, the story as related by his son was that, on the way home, Tim suffered a severe scolding from his wife who was enraged not by the danger of Mr. Woods being eaten alive, but for the frightening the poor lion! One assumes that this must have been the same company in the pictures - unless lions riding walls of death were once commonplace?
The ulster rep, of should it be
Ulster look a like ?
My problem I ask questions that other people don't like?
Like have you got that for an investment or for fun?
Hi Mike

Your pic of Frank Todd is interesting.  Is the radiator cowl from a Swallow?  and with the track rod in front of the axle I guess suspension geometry doesn't really matter?

Cheers

Howard