The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raising Brooklands aero screen
Hi Duncan
Thanks for the picture, I do like that solution.
In my opinion very aesthetically pleasing.
I will have a go at making?
My Special has the same problem or should I say I have the same problem as the car does not care if I get flies in my teeth. The last car I had with aero screens I fixed by installing a windscreen, I will do the same with this car.
Cheers

Mark
I get flies in my teeth due to the broad grin while driving...cured with a silk tubular necker which also hold the 'tash in place. For both of my specials I made Vee-screens but they stop you from creeping under car park barriers ;-)
If you tape some thin rubber
To bottom of screen and sitting
On scuttle does this help ? The other
Way you can try is to remove glass
From the frameĀ and have a new one cut
From 8mm laminated that is a bit higher?
Yes I did think about fitting a windscreen although I'm unsure where to find one and a what cost.
has anyone found or devised a good bracket for securing a Brooklands aeroscreen onto the vertical edge of a wooden plinth on the scuttletop, rather than directly down into the scuttle top?
(10-07-2019, 03:04 PM)MartinH Wrote: There is also the option for larger glass. Talk with John Kimble at Kimble Engineering in Devon; helpful guy. They make the screens and have different mounts available.

Kimble sold out to Melvyn Rutter Ltd, a Morgan agent. I now buy from them.

Arthur

This is how I did it on my Hamblin Cadet, just found old printout of magazine advert over 20 years ago, think it went to Singapore ???
(Bought direct from Kimble)
This is my solution to avoiding the wind under the screen. The side brackets are made from 6mm aluminium, and can be whatever height you choose to make them. The deflector part is steel on the drivers side (it was on the unfinished car when I got it) and aluminium on the passenger side because it is easier to shape and lighter.    
Thanks both - I can now see that I could adopt the wooden plinth by just making the aluminium bracket plates as per Robert's at each end and then screwing them to the wood.