The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age Related Number Plates

.jpg   Tony Car.JPG (Size: 152.88 KB / Downloads: 651)

On arriving in England from France at the end of June this year I set about trying to register my 1930 GE Cup Model look-alike here in England. I had no paperwork for this car, only the chassis number and engine number, both dating to October 1930. With considerable help from the PWA7 Club DVLA liaison officer, I prepared all the necessary forms and photos and happily sent them off to the DVLA. My application was returned about a week later with a letter informing me that I had not included prrof of residence, i.e. a utility bill, council tax demand or similar. The application was again sent off to the DVLA  and after about 2 weeks was returned again with a letter that basically said that I had not provided sufficient evidence of the vehicle's date of manufacture, this in spite of supplying a PWA7 Club Inspection Report and a PWA7 Club Authentication Certificate. At this point I telephoned the DVLA and explained my situation to a very helpful man who said "send it all back again, marked for my attention and I will contact you if we need anything else". After another couple of weeks, I received a further letter from the DVLA advising me that they wanted SGS to inspect the vehicle and to make an appointment direct with SGS. This I did and the SGS Inspector duly arrived punctually at 08h00 at the address where the car is currently kept. He spent 10 minutes photographing and checking the chassis number and the engine number, having previously told me that he had been driving for 2 1/2 hours to get to my address. He said that I should be receiving my V5C in about 10 days, and hey ho, it arrived this morning and my GE Cup is now the proud bearer of registration no BF 8418.

Considering that the car had no original documents and the car was built up from a pile of parts and the body is new, but a close replica of a GE Cup, I think that the treatment I have received from the DVLA has been pretty good, and the end result excellent. Take heart all you special builders out there, it is possible to obtain age related number plates.
This is an excellent outcome Tony - great news!
Hi Tony,

Great news that you too have received
Your Dorsetshire ""Bloody Fool" BF xxxx
Number!

Your saga was remarkably similar to mine, including
Including the utility bill element!

There must be half a dozen Cups with BF numbers now!

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Good result Tony - it shows what you can do if you persevere. The car looks great - do you have any other photos that you can share with us?
(05-10-2017, 07:35 PM)AllAlloyCup Wrote: Hi Tony,

Great news that you too have received
Your Dorsetshire ""Bloody Fool" BF xxxx
Number!

Your saga was remarkably similar to mine, including
Including the utility bill element!

There must be half a dozen Cups with BF numbers now!

Regards

Bill G

I've got a BF Cup too - a replica but as accurate as I could make it!
Regards,
Ashley
One of the best Ashley - in my opinion!!
(05-10-2017, 10:34 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: One of the best Ashley - in my opinion!!

You are too kind!
Great to hear a positive result. Car looks great, have a great time out on the road with it.
What changes of me getting an AA0000 type number to replace the 529XUX when original was sold.

Geoff - Ruby attached to the Rotisserie/Tilter at last!
(09-10-2017, 11:45 AM)Geoff Halstead Wrote: What changes of me getting an AA0000 type number to replace the 529XUX when original was sold.

Geoff - Ruby attached to the Rotisserie/Tilter at last!

Sadly, with a Ruby, nil - unless you go out and buy one, which someone will have robbed from another 'thirties car!

529 XUX is a format that was being issued in the late 'fifties/early 'sixties and it always pains me to see something so inappropriate on an A7.  Unfortunately, my OC 4873 will probably end up with one, as I don't have adequate paperwork to re-claim the original.