The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Chris Blakey - Celebrate the Seven Trans Siberian journey
Thank you.
Vince told me last month he was building an engine for the car.
I believe the box covers the petrol tank if it has been moved backwards as in the side photo on the first post it is not visible through the wheel.  It is an RTC MK 1 with the curved rear, same as my car.
(13-07-2019, 10:57 AM)Chris KC Wrote: Thanks Nick, don't know how I missed that!

And at the risk of seeming even dumber, do we know anything about Chris's car?

Much of interest here...

This RTC special was built to order by Dave Williams of the Austineers more than 30 years ago for an enthusiastic but disabled customer who had no use of his legs. The full hand controls were brilliantly thought out and fitted and the car was regularly and extensively used and enjoyed by that owner over a very long period. For its eventual resale to Chris the modifications were removed and it is now conventionally controlled.
I remember Dave doing the same type of conversion to a Bentley - presumably owned by the same person, it was, of course, very clever?

Would I be right in surmising he is sending the car as freight from Immingham and flying to meet it at Brevik?
(The last I heard there is no car ferry service).
No, there is a commercial cargo boat that also has (as I remember) accommodation for twelve passengers, Hull to Helsinki.

Originally there were three cars and passenger booked on it.

I don't know if it is Ro-Ro, though.

Oil leak traced hopefully to a small screw under the bottom of the 'T' type pump.

Looks as if it limits the movement of the pump, some have it, some don't.
Interesting - thank you Simon. The ferry Immingham - Brevik was reportedly stopped due to lack of appropriate border controls at UK side so looks like something must have changed.
This? https://www.dfds.com/en-gb/freight-shipp...-immingham