The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beaulieu 2019
just a note to say thanks to the 750 M.C. and especially the traders including Tony Betts, Jamie at Austin Seven Workshop, Tony Leslie and the rest, plus all the A7 owners who made the effort to drive to attend and make it a special day. 
Between the two of us we spent over 200 quid on parts old and new and found everything we needed.
Despite a touch of drizzle earlier on it was a brilliant day...even four Gordon England cars for Ruairidh including a Sunshine Saloon...I’m all hyped up and ready to make up for all the lost time and get the box back on the road!
It was the quietest have ever seen it, not as many people as in earlier years, but still a good day out
We certainly enjoyed our weekend, even got a little sunburnt at the seaside on Saturday morning. Came home with a pile of bits I've been after for ages, and one or two things I never expected to find. Yes, it felt a little quiet, but the stationary engines (or lack of) must have accounted for a good chunk of that. It was great meeting up with friends old and new. I don't know if anyone else wandered down to the big 'ouse but there were a few impressive items in the sculpture exhibition too. Oh yes, and the strawberries were terrific!
Hi Ivor,

Good to see you there, wasn't that sunshine stunning. The star of the show for me.

Well done to IAN and others who help on the day (s).

It felt like the car numbers were up? But maybe a little quieter around the stalls?

Although I had a good look around and there were plenty of rear and scarce items for, although some of what I could do with for restorations were just to far above my pay grade.

I did see plenty of nice stuff moving around, including one lucky forum member with a very cheap pair of nippy door latches. Didn't get my consultancy fee though Big Grin only joking. Well done that man.

It was a shame there were no stationary engines.

It all goes to show why we don't just need these shows, but we need them to grow for the future.

Tony.
Hi All

Liz and I had a great time.  Congrats to the organisers, participants and stall holders. (and Beaulieu whose staff on the gate were very helpful and friendly!)

Some very very nice cars... Is the standard going up?

Made some great new A7 friends and met up with old ones.  I think the amount and quality of parts on the stalls has increased since our last visit some 5 years ago. So have the prices, as Tony says but "hey ho" we're on bread and jam for the rest of the month!

Shame we couldn't have a place where "Friends forum posters" could meet up.  I put faces to a few names but would have loved to meet up with others, Chris for example. 

Cheers

Howard
We have had a “Friends” photo shoot in years gone by we ought to revive it for next year!