The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucas headlight problem
Nothing is beyond the expertise of this forum!

I'm with Simon, retrace your steps Sherlock Holmes style and it will eventually come to you.
Well, well... hey presto!

As if by magic, and by using a combination of all of the above sage advice, the aforementioned nuts and washers have been located. Is there nothing that can't be solved by a quick post on here?

Much against my better judgement, I even called upon the gods, muttering a few hallelujahs and hare hares around the barn, as lauded by Monsignor Garner, as after 2 and a half days of increasing profanity and ill temper, I was prepared to do anything... for the sake of my other half as much as anything. I even attempted to ring Simon's son-in-law, touted as an expert in these matters, however he didn't answer, probably having being called upon to locate Simon's reading glasses (which he was most likely wearing on his head).

In my middle-aged, rave-addled mind I had a vague recollection of a cat... no I wasn't having a flashback... who normally patrols said barn for upholstery-wrecking rodents (very effectively), suddenly deciding to use the hood as a scratching post.... the effect being I hastily put down whatever I had in my hands at the time (you guessed it... ) to rapidly intervene in this wanton destruction, and once I had finished making a fetching Davey Crockett style hat out of the moggy, sufficient time had passed (literally minutes...) for me to forget what I was originally doing.

Thanks to the unwavering dedication of Austin7Friends there the bits were, on my old Montesa trials bike seat. Crisis averted. David's advice on the upturned hubcaps normally resonates with me... I have one of those magnetic dishes (probably made out of melted down old hubcaps), but this was already in service for said Montesa, whose original Amal carb is currently in bits and on its final warning (like it has been for years) before I replace it with a Mikuni.

So thanks again to one and all for the Karmic guidance... which leads me on to my next question, and a new thread....

Picture of feline culprit attached... butter wouldn't melt

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Basil Rathbone would be proud of you!
Smile Smile Smile
Ah the old Montesa. Never had one. I was put off by the fact that if you stalled it you couldn't kick it up in gear, you always had to find neutral which wasn't easy if you were up to your neck in a muddy ditch. Bultaco, then Kawa, Fantic & Yamaha man was I.
You can see that he knows it was his fault ... and he just doesn't careĀ  Angel
Our dog has been looking for some nuts for about 7 weeks now, ever since his visit to the vets.
Ha ha! Poor fella... like an amputee trying to scratch the itch on his non-existent leg. Phantom bollocks in his case...
Having just fed the Motoring Dog and the resident cat (who, like all cats, MUST be obeyed!)it occurs to me that stainless steel cat feeding bowls would make a good substitute for hubcaps or magnetic bits receptacles...........
Your Dragons' Den moment, David.

Why not put cat bowls to good use in Austin 7 circles... maybe they'll become the new "downhill skis" of the specials world?

Sounds almost like a Viz Top Tips moment, too... along the lines of:

"I find pressing the middle pedal on my car helps me slow down when approaching built-up areas and busy junctions..."