The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynamator
(03-02-2018, 05:01 PM)Roland Alcock Wrote: I have this installed to my Opal which has CFR cutout and SA1 switch. Ignition light goes out as soon as engine is searched off. I have similar results with charging rate. 10 amp charge for about 3 mins then settles down a negligible charge regardless as to whether the headlamps are on or off.

Good evening all. I didn't think there was a need for a CFR cutout with the Dynamator?

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart
You are correct Stuart.

John Bennett - 100 of the 12v ones were built so you will have no problems getting one for sure.
(04-02-2018, 07:37 PM)Stuart Joseph Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 05:01 PM)Roland Alcock Wrote: I have this installed to my Opal which has CFR cutout and SA1 switch. Ignition light goes out as soon as engine is searched off. I have similar results with charging rate. 10 amp charge for about 3 mins then settles down a negligible charge regardless as to whether the headlamps are on or off.

Good evening all. I didn't think there was a need for a CFR cutout with the Dynamator?

Regards from the creative county - Staffordshire

Stuart
Correct, the cut out is not required. I quote the recipe of switch and cutout as the connection changes are specific to model of Austin as laid out by Vince Leek in his detailed notes.
1931 RN, 1933 APD
The link below may help with the Dynamator, Vince’s notes referenced above.

http://www.da7c.co.uk/technical_torque_a...namat.html