The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheap wheel rebuild - WARNING!!
(06-10-2017, 08:22 AM)Derek Sheldon Wrote:
(05-10-2017, 06:55 PM)daveg Wrote: I have had two sets of wheels rebuilt with new rims and spokes, powder coated  by James Wheildon, West Grimstead, Salisbury, SP5. 01722 712701. I was very pleased with the standard of his work and he is very knowledgeable and helpful.

The first set were done over 15 years ago and apart from a few scrapes caused by tyre changing they come up as good as new when cleaned.

I also have used James wheildon, Nick Mouat is now the main man , James has all but retired. I have had 15 wheels done in the last few years and I consider them first class.

I can endorse these sentiments. Did a great job on 6 wheels for me and took a lot of trouble to follow my drawings. Also put in new c/s stud holes to the correct PCD.

Paul N-M
A couple of years ago I felt the need the have a new set of tyres and inner tubes on my RN. Having used Longstone Tyres in the past and am very pleased with them so I asked if they could rebuild my wheels prior to putting on the new tyres. The said that they didn't do it themselved but knew a man who did.
I am very pleased with the result, 4 of the wheels needed a rebuild with new rims and spokes but one wheel was considered to be OK so this was relegated to a spare.