The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear reflectors...

1) Reflective strip across the back of the hood, stuck on strip(s) from metal tape measure, magnets on inside.

2) 3mm rubber "ears" carrying reflectors, sandwiched under the boot lid

3) Tin triangles - vertical faces with reflectors, lower faces sit on top of rear wing rear edges, magnets.
why not have some on a hinge hanging down from the underside if the rear wings. fold them down for dard driving. fold them up for daytime.
It's obviously a trick of the light, but i really like the 'mint humbug' look of the of the green Cup.
Exquisite, isn’t it!
Hi Ruairidh,
Just to change the subject is there a need to apply a clear coating over the material covering the body.
when will you start on the glass case to keep it in Big Grin

Cheers Colin
Re: Clear coat. I don’t think so Colin - I am seriously thinking of building a box to keep it in however as my (lovely) daughters have managed to damage every other vehicle I own by dropping things onto them!
Move the car into the house and the daughters into the garden...
3M type reflective tape (about an inch wide) is available with a magnetic backing - recommended by someone on 'ere I seem to remember! If you have somewhere on the rear body with metal directly underneath, or the wing edges, just add the 8" strips when driving at night. I have some for putting on steel wing edges.

Re. Colin's point, original rexine could be regularly re-cellulosed to bind its upper surface and re-waterproof it after use. But that may be different for the material we use today. i.e. wax may substitute where cellulose is no longer a constituent.
This is a fundamental problem with restoration projects. The Cup has been painstakingly, accurately, beautifully and no doubt expensively brought back to what it was like when new. The problem then arises "what do I now do with it?"
Either you use it, even if only occasionally in which case it is going to get knocked about, or you mollycoddle it and treat it like a museum piece which in my view defeats the object.
Difficult choice.