The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is 750 beaulieu going ahead this year ???
Hi nick,

If you are updating the club site advert, it may be worth putting next years dates on. As this year is almost there.

Also advertising it as the national rally? It's always worth remembering we are all national, but not all 750 club members. Many are not members of a club at all. But most have the Internet thingy.

You are welcome to come and call me an a R s e next weekend  Big Grin

Tony.
Big Grin 
The trouble is Tony - no-one has actual responsibility for updating the A7 pages on the 750MC website. HQ is fine about altering things - but they have to be told. And as has been noted above, Austin 7 and trials stuff was relegated to just a text link in the bottom menu bar. Not helpful.  I have taken this up with HQ only this week.

As for the Rally. Well, as you know, anyone can enter. They don't need to be a 750 member or a member of any club at all. That is made clear in ads etc.  It's national in the sense that we get entries from all over the UK - and internationally on occasion. The title doesn't particularly matter. It would be 'Beaulieu' whatever it was called. And a lot of people like that, some don't.

When all is said and done this particular Rally only exists because of the hard work of a small team of people led by Ian Nelson. Without that commitment it would cease, as I am 100% sure 750MC itself would not dream of running it.

I'll call you an R s e next weekend - not because you are one, but because I wouldn't want to be rude and turn down your kind invitation...[Image: biggrin.png]
One place where the event is properly advertised is of course the motor museum's own website.

https://www.beaulieu.co.uk/events/austin-seven-rally/
Nick,

Some good news.

You will be international again this year.

Got a call yesterday, we have some good friends coming over from Germany again this year.

Tony.
I have a spare ticket for both the Saturday and Sunday. £14.00
01664 852172