The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID Of Car !
Here's a couple of images found on the net of a 1930 Triumph Super 7 two-seat tourer which was sold on ebay last year. The vendor stated that the car was one of only four remaining with this original style of bodywork. As already mentioned by Greig, the de-luxe model of the tourer had two-tone bodywork as shown in your original B&W photo.  

.png   Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 21.01.05.png (Size: 179.65 KB / Downloads: 288)

.png   Screen Shot 2019-06-25 at 20.59.56.png (Size: 831.52 KB / Downloads: 291)

Here's another image I've found online which appears to have the same style body ..........

the radiator is a tad thinner though
Purely by chance I have a handbook for a Triumph Super Seven + some factory drawings, but infuriatingly there is no photograph of an actual car. 
Their wheel base was 6' 9", track 3' 6" and tourer height with hood up, 5' 5".

If it is a TS7, then it was originally designed by Stanley Edge ( yes, the same! ) in 1928 and had the distinction of Lockheed hydraulic brakes on all four wheels, Triumph being the first British car to fit these, originally on their 1924 13/35 model. Numerous body styles were available, many from both Triumph themselves, others from outside suppliers including Gordon England.
Around 17,000 TS7s were made between '28 and '32.
As Hedd noted the car on the original picture seems to have a 'thicker' radiator surround.

More on the Triumph 7 

http://www.pre-1940triumphmotorclub.org/...7-super-8/

The top pic seems to have a thicker surround.
Always interested in comparisons of unmodified old cars. Anyone reasonably objective able to comment on the Triumph vs Seven (or Minor or 8 for that matter) please.
Bob, the "Automobile" magazine did an A7 vs Morris Minor article about 2 years ago. The A7 was a 1930/31 swb tourer. Sorry can't be more helpful as I binned about 5 yearsworth of Aotomobiles a while ago.
Cheers,
Dave.
A bit late to the party, but yes, it is a Triumph Super Seven, probably 1928, or early 1929. The ribbon radiator shell replaced the traditional style in late 1929.
I think I agree with Mike but had thought the car was later. However I've found an engineering drawing of a side elevation of the chassis and this shows the radiator deeper/ thicker than those in the colour photos. My only reservation is that I thought this style of model was fitted only with artillery wheels.

Together with the Pre War Minor Register, I organised the " shoot-out " between a Seven and a Minor for the Automobile magazine. Great fun it was!
The thicker surround is '28 / '29 while the thin surround is '30 and the fluted surround is '31 / '32

See here from left to right at the Triumph Nationals in 2004 in Port Edward, South Africa

So the car in question would be a '28/'29 Super 7 

Aye Greig

The artillery wheels were a standard fitment, the Deluxe had the wire wheels, so technically the '28 below should have wire wheels like the green '32 Special on the RHS. The '28 also has the large sidelights I mentioned in my first post

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Door opening is not the same as the original picture !

Thanks Guys for all your help in this conundrum , I think it is a  1930 Triumph Super 7 two-seat tourer , as per Jeff taylor post #11  !! .

PS: Only difference is the thickness of the Rad !