The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vapour Lock
Definitely worth doing. A few years ago I bought a 1930 Morris Cowley which suffered severely from vapour lock; it had a vertical coil in the petrol pipe. It was a simple tweak to realign it so that there was a continuous downward spiral, and I had no more trouble. The only mistake I made was to try and do it in situ; that weakened the soldered olive joint at the petrol tank - I should have done it properly off the car!
Hi Duncan

Your workshop must harbour big aluminium
eating moths , they’ve eaten holes in your upholstery
and some of the body work.

What nice looking special though!

Regards

Bill G
Based near the Scottish Border,
Well, that's the first modification in place, the "vertical coil" in the pipe is now a slow downward spiral, and the horizontal bit slopes about 15 degrees upwards. The problem is that it takes about an hour or more of uphill struggle on a hot day to repeat the conditions. Mind you, France is going through a heat wave at the moment.
Thanks for the compliment Dave, here are a couple more pics

The second pic has the same title and I can't edit it on my iPad but there are more images on my website
https://www.dwgrimmond.co.uk/mathildeux

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Duncan.

There is some very impressive work on your website. I liked the white faced dials on one of the Pembletons. Can you recall where they are from?

Regards,

Jamie.
They are from Auto-Meter, an American based company but they have an agent in UK. IIRC they are the Oldtimer range, cream face Art Deco period lettering with a nice counterbalanced needle.

http://www.realsteel.co.uk/section8.pdf

their agent. They will order any of the range but you may have to wait for them to fill a large enough order to avoid one-off order charges.

The Brooklands four-wheeler has ETB clocks

https://www.etbinstruments.com

who are very helpful and can make almost any clock for any application
Hi Bob

Your intial photo seems to rekindle the old question about whch way around the bonnet supprt bar should go. it has never occurred to me to not have the closed retaining loop to front.  If experimenting with bonnet unlatched it could matter.
Bob C - never thought about that one, but it should be on the to do list pretty soon - well spotted. It would be a shame to have an over heated engine bay AND loose the bonnet at the same time !!
Duncan,

Thank you for the information about the dials. I shall have a look at the links.

Jamie.
If this hole is for the small wiring clip that originally fed the horn you have it correctly orientated.