The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beside the Seaside

Perhaps we should have gone to Shelsley to watch a Bert Hadley round, but instead went down to Pendine to see Veteran Hot Rods. See them and indeed hear them. Amongst parked cars was an Austin, not perhaps in the condition in which it left Longbridge. Pendine is the only motor sport venue I've been to where competitors begin to leave the pits quite briskly as the tide comes in.
Missed it this year, as I forgot it was on till Sunday when the weather was not to good, I am only a couple of miles away so was annoyed as they have a good variety of cars, like the VSCC they also have fairly strict rules as to what can compete, so no plastic kits with modern engines it is all period cars with period tuning and they don't hang about 128 MPH a couple of years ago not bad on sand and watch them twitch as the get the power on though the gears. Well worth a visit and its free to get in.
A pal went in his camper, I'm waiting for his report...
Not the same as Babs is no longer there.
A bleak day at the seaside on our trip around the UK. Not the same without the vintage event!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)