The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coach lines for 1932 RN saloon.
I have looked through my library of A7 literature in an attempt to find the above. Seen it somewhere but at the moment elusive. Can anyone guide me to photos, brochures etc. Looked on A7 assoc archive but not there. Car is all black so I think it should have straw coloured coach lines. I think it has a double line for part of its way round the car and the bit at the scuttle is where it turns single onto the bonnet, although I could be entirely wrong.
Thank you,
Dave.
Although not your exact model, Dave, the colour scheme you describe was exactly that for 1931..

http://www.archive.a7ca.org/wp-content/u...R_764A.pdf page 15...
That shows the RM unless I am mistaken.
Robert Leigh
        Here's an RN with fine lines Dave, just the wrong colour.
My 1933 RP saloon has double lines down both sides of the body, running into a single line round the back and along the bonnet. I have reason to believe that the paint on the body moulding and the coachlines may be original.

Since it would appear that the factory used a similar coachline for the 1931 cars,  to those on mine, I think it is safe to assume that a 1932 car would be the same.

Hope this helps!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

It's difficult to see clearly, but this is a factory shot of an RN which appears to match David Stepney's car:

[Image: 158_01_11_17_2_49_36.jpeg]
Thanks everybody. I will see if my expert friend could be persuaded to have a go at the coach lining now we have something to work on.
Dave.
there was a short wheelbase box at the doo in Warwick. It looked to have original paint. It had coachlines, very fine ones around the windows also.
Presumably applied by hand originally but must have had some guide. Anyone know how done? Seems a tedious way to spend every day.
No guide, Bob, just a keen eye and a steady hand!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9yqXPNHyMA

I had my saloon lined by a professional coachpainter, and it was completed in less time than it would have taken me to mask up with tape, never mind paint it. (it took less than an hour to do the complete waistline and four window frames)