The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autokarna 2019
Some good points raised about autokarna, I remember the years when Griffin freight transport used to provide a wagon for the entertainment ring along with the brass band which is no longer a sight at woolaton, I think Chris has missed the point maybe my picture doesn't do it justice but I will try and find some old programmes and pictures of the rows of box saloons and Ruby's we used to have attend, plus the numerous specials and other forms of Austin 7s that used to attend, to only have me entered as the only Ulster rep in autokarna this year is unheard of, plus they have knocked the judging on the head, it's a good event and try and support it as much as possible but feel that it doesn't get the a7 coverage like it used to a few years ago, I'm not arguing with anyone just wanted to put my thaughts across, whatever you do with your 7s enjoy the summer, kind regards, regarding the old antics I had a feeling that health and safety had killed it off, cheers Chris

Tony, I didnt see stuart Joseph this year on the autojumble field either forgot to say
    I like the drive to Woolaton, meeting people I've not seen for months and the autojmble , i usually have a shopping list of bits required. This year I found a complete RN windscreen, yes with a complete usable lower section, the first I've ever seen, it took a while to separate the rusted up hinge.  While Sevens are my main interest i like to see the old trucks and buses.
Dave, Are you able to show a picture with a close up of the side with the groove in for the rubber seal and if it takes a rubber that slides around all three sides pleaee?
Regards
Peter

.jpg   Vintage Supplies RM3.jpg (Size: 15.04 KB / Downloads: 181)     This is a section of the original Austin frame Peter. It is the remains of my first RN frame, I kept it as a pattern for the bend. The second photo is Vintage Supplies seal which slides all the way round, with difficulty.
I got a new outer windscreen seal from Seven Workshops. I smeared it with a little washing up liquid and it slid round the windscreen frame quite easily. The washing up liquid dries out after an hour or so, and you can tension the seal so that it fits reasonably tightly.
Having been part of the Wollaton organising team for many years I feel I must respond to some of the comments made:

1. Although the event is partnered with Nottingham City Council it still makes a profit for the Club.

2. The number of stalls at the Autojumble has remained consistent at just under 100 for several years. There were 95 this year.  The only reason for "empty" spaces along the far side is that stalls cannot be put in areas where the tree branches are too low.  Tony I think you will find that your plot has also been the same for some years.   

3. The gymkhana element of the event has, unfortunately, had to cease for health and safety reasons.

4. We have to accept the fact that people are not so willing to drive Austin7's long distances to Rallys with the roads being so busy.

5. The general public are attracted to the event by both the vintage and classic cars and also by the other attractions in the park - the fairground and the motor show etc.

6.  Unfortunately the date was changed by the Council this year although this did not seem to effect attendance greatly.  It is anticipated that we will be back to our normal date next year (1st Sunday in June)

It is increasingly difficult to get people to help with events like this, so anyone with good suggestions would be very welcome to put themselves forward to be involved with the organising team next year.

Graham Beckett
I understand that Stuart Joseph, a long term stall holder I like to have a chat with was working.
Yes I've just received a seal from the Seven Workshop and it's a nice fit David.