The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Datsun
Jon,

I believe it was in Japan. The photos were passed to me by a correspondent who helped me put together an article which later appeared in the Grey Book (sorry can't remember when, maybe three years ago?). I don't know about positioning of the plates.

I'm quite busy at present but if I get time I'll check next week to see if I have any more info.

Incidentally the "Japan Automobile Company" was the western name for Nihon Jidousha who bodied most of the cars.

Do you have a Japanese car or is it an academic interest?

Peter.
Thanks Ruairidh for all those other thread links, and Peter - no I don't - but am interesting in finding out about how a late SWB chassis could exist. I will search out your more recent article, as of course, when reading through everything, it all becomes much more interesting just seeing what has been researched in the past. It's not Junichi who appears in the other thread, is it?
for info.... 2016 C Peter Naulls 'The Baby Austin in Japan' p.6-13

Ruairidh's link previously... (all the pics dont have mag refs so here are all the relevantSmile

80D

83D 19

86B Bateman article 2 parts
86C

86D 12