The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ4 base plate
Hi,
Does anyone have or know where I can obtain a base plate for a DJ4 distributor that is in good condition please? I've met a guy earlier this evening ( a friend of someone I play cricket with) who has recently bought a 1932 RN saloon which "wasn't quite running right." I've been to have a look and, after swapping various bits over from my Nippy, have got it running much better - until I "un-mended" it by putting all my bits back on the Nippy so I could go home again!
Part of the issue is the lip on the base plate has broken off - something I experienced on the 7's to the sea run recently - with the result that the timing is "variable!"
I've had a look at the usual suppliers but can't seem to find anything suitable - perhaps someone can help?
Look forward to hearing form you soon,
Best wishes,
Nick
"Distributor Doctor" ?

I have seen an example of his work and he has returned, in effect, a brand new distributor.

I think he could supply what is required.
Wollaton Park rally is next weekend, sporting chance of finding what you need in the autojumble?
Isn't the baseplate on the DJ bonded to the metal bits? I think he will need another as a donor.

I had the dizzy doctor sort a DJ for me. He needed a donor with a good baseplate as the basis.
yup, I've just tried to get a baseplate off thinking it was slid onto the metal post, but it isnt! The earth screw goes right into the central casting. You can see the improvement in thinking with the DK now...
Thanks everyone for the advice. I (wrongly!) assumed it would be a similar job to the DK4 on my Nippy which is the one I know. I can't get to Wollaton unfortunately but will see what the distributor doctor has to suggest. It might be quicker, in the short term at least, to put my spare DK4 on his car to at least get him up and running for now.
best wishes,
Nick
or buy an accuspark with club discount and tighten the connections up very well. The difference was absolutely remarkable over my DJ and leaves you handsfree for your maxi cupholders and satnavs.
or a Bosch off Willie.