The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Radiator cowl/surround
Hi all

I've just joined.

I have just lifted a rather tired 1938 Ruby body from a chassis and have on order from Rod Yates, one of his "Ulster" bodies.

Does anyone make new radiator cowl/surrounds?

Any help will be much appreciated.

I am in Ditchling East Sussex.

For my sins I make "Morgan" style 3 wheelers at www.aerocyclecars.com

regards

Arthur
This could get messy...

Welcome and good luck.
Why,Nick?
Welcome Arthur.

Roach Manufacturing make rad surrounds, see: http://roachmanufacturing.com/cms/
(30-09-2017, 09:35 PM)Zetomagneto Wrote: Why,Nick?

It may have something to do with the ethics nowadays of using a complete car to build a special.

I for one am waiting for the sparks to start flying!
Why welcome him? Because of the friendly nature of the forum... Why good luck? Because he may need it whilst looking for all the bits he'll need for a half decent Uster replica... Why messy? I'm not sure... Just a feeling that not everyone on a friends of the seven site will welcome the starting point for this build, when so little of a late Ruby will ultimately be suitable...
One other point Arthur - I would recommend getting the rad. surround prior to Rod making the bonnet, they can vary in shape slightly.
I can supply a rad surround. If you email me on restorer23@gmail.com I will send you some photos. I can't seem to upload pics I the new forum.
I can't help but wonder why nobody has mentioned the hassle he will get with the DVLA when it comes to registering, unless of course it's for off road use ?
I am always interested in any information about Rosengart details or current owners.
Kit cars generally will get an age-related registration as long as they can fulfil the required "original components" criteria, i.e. engine,transmission, steering, brakes, suspension etc. which will represent a majority from one vehicle.
If it falls short it will be designated a Q plate.
As an avid trike fan I've seen his site before and it looks like a good quality build despite incorporating some GRP body parts. I've not seen one in the flesh but would very much like to.
The BRA trike which I think inspired this was a close second for me when was looking but I went for the Pembleton instead as, among other reasons, there was more sheetmetal work to tickle my fancy.
I also find FWD is far superior on a trike and I believe Mr. BSA did a better job than Mr. Morgan who shamelessly copied the BSA with his F-types.
Enough sparks....?