The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruby Front Wings
I realise that Mk1 and Mk11 Rubies have different front wings but does anyone know if the valance (the panel below the grille, joining the wings) is also different?
I've recently been doing battle with one of these. It appears that they are the same. Whether it will fit is another matter! If you're into Facebook, look at our page - Martin Prior and Son's Motor Works.
I think the last Ruby-type cars and vans - August 38 onwards? - had a slightly broader front cowl/grill (with a different bonnet/radiator attachment).  Perhaps a larger, non-fitting valance could be sized for one of these?

Colin
I've always presumed the panel was the same for both models (and remember making a batch for our Club Spares) and we never received any complaints.  Difficult to be sure, as the Ruby Body Parts Manual doesn't show the panel at all.  However, to confuse matters perhaps, I have  photos of a part-assembled Ruby-type roadster,  with one mudguard of the wrong model for the year, fitted up and the front-on view shows a distinct discrepancy as to fit.  Will check further and advise asap.   Cheers,  Bill in Oz