The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with the history of RP saloon VT9016
 I purchased my 1933 Austin 7 RP box saloon VT9016 in 2017. The previous owner in Inverbervie purchased the car in 2013. I have no more history, although the V5 indicates 11 previous owners.
On the dvla MOT page the only MOT recorded is a pass on 13/10/2011 at your Citroen/Peugeot garage in Bradford on Avon (reference 5190 7668 1276)

DVLA records MOTs for my Morris back to 2005, so presumably the Austin had been off the road up until the 2011 MOT.
 As  DVLA now refuse any requests for information due to GDPR, I am looking for help in finding out some more of the car's history.

The chassis number is 169095 which is March 1933 but the engine is 224911. From the chassis register spreadsheet, I think the engine must be from a 1935 car.  
The note on the chassis register spreadsheet has "2014-May-SCA7C Reg U/D - 2014-May Ex-MA7C"
From this I understand that the Scottish Austin 7 club recorded the car with the Inverbervie owner in May 2014.
However, MA7C must refer to another club which could give me a clue towards the car's history.
Any help or advice would be gratefully received.
That is the Manchester club... details on the Association website.

It started off in Stoke on Trent from the registration plate!
MA7C is the Midlands Club, and VT is a Stoke-on-Trent registration, so it may well have not travelled far from home until its move to Scotland.

Edit: JonE beat me to it!
Being Bradford on Avon and Scotland you have a connection to both Dunfords , one in both areas who might know the car.
I know Peter’s car well but not the history much before his ownership...
I contacted the garage which did the MOT in 2011 and was told that it was submitted by Austineers in Frome Road, Bradford on Avon
As far as I can tell, the company is no longer operating. The phone rings but nobody answers.
I don't suppose any former workers at Austineers might be reading this post and can help with the history of the car?
Peter
I worked alongside the Austineers at The Seven Workshop for 30 years until 5 years ago.
I have also been told that no one answers and it is closed down,
I have no idea whether this is really the case but one of my customers told me they called in there a few weeks ago and their was no sign of life.
It’s surprising but we are all getting older I suppose which doesn’t help.
Hi Ian
Thanks for the reply
If you worked with Austineers until 5 years ago, you might just have worked on my VT9016 which was MOT'd by Austineers in October 2011.
What I really want is information from their records about the car - where it came from, had it been "off-road" for a while before 2011 which I suspect from the lack of MOT records.
Without access to any documentation, I appreciate it's a big ask to ask about a car you may possibly have worked on, or had been worked on by another mechanic on the premises 8 years ago.
It has a brass plate indicating it was at Longbridge in 1982 for the 60th.
Peter
I believe Dave Williams is currently working on a house he is building.
Sorry Peter.

I worked at The Seven Workshop which was located alongside the Austieers.
I had no contact or dealings with virtually any of the hundreds of Sevens Dave Williams worked on over all that time.
Certainly the last time I saw Dave he was building himself a house.
Good luck with your hunt.