The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adventures...
Hi guys, it's Jake (The one who's been doing the Instagram/Facebook posts). Nice to see there's been a bit of interest in what we're up to! We've just arrived home and it's been an absolutely incredible trip.

Charlie owns the car half and half with his dad, we know each other from university and decided a trip like this would be fun, but it was his dad that suggested we take the Austin. We're both mechanically minded, having worked on classics and modern cars - Charlie has worked on the Austin with his dad previously but vintage cars are a new area for me! I'm studying Motorsport Engineering so have been focused on the modern stuff but love older cars - I'm currently restoring a Mk1 Golf Smile

Re sleeping in the car: never again!
I like your style guys - nice work!
I'll second that! Would love to hear more about the trip if you fancy doing a write-up.
JakeMcC. Well done both. 
I bought the first Mk1 Golf GTI in Nottingham ( 1976? ) Phenomenal car, went round corners at any speed, as though on rails.
It was lovely to see a little Austin doing what it was designed for - being driven.

And Jake, don't be worried about restoring a Mk1 Golf. My daily driver is an '83 Mk2 Polo breadvan. (345K miles on original crank and bores!)
At the same time that Charlie's Austin was having its tour. One of my friends was touring in Ireland as well. Their comment was that they had never known so much relentless horizontal rain for such a long time! Day after day.....

Very well done Charlie and co.

Roly
1931 RN, 1933 APD