The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
30VE1 fuel filter
I don't have a filter  (cylindrical wire mesh) in the banjo connection at the carb. I cannot locate one....someone must make them! It is probably the same as on other Zeniths, but Burlen don' t seem to have one listed.
I had Chitti running today & took it down the road, but came back on the end of a rope! After about 2 miles it lost power & eventually "caught" with a dose of ether & a hand over the intake. I got within 400 yards of home & it died!
I have the carb off & it was still pretty dirty inside & the main jet was probably blocked by something, so another go in the ultrasonic bath. Try again tomorrow!"
David

When I first started running the RK last year there was embarrassment all round as it would not go more than a mile or two without fuel starvation.  I found it was not the carb or filter (I have two, one in the carb and one inline just after the tap) but the tank.... which was full of many years worth of fine rust particles.  The flow of fuel drew this into the outlet and blocked the tap. Eventually I removed the tank cleaned it out with drain cleaner, dried and subsequently I have had no problems. Does Chitty have a gravity feed tank?

Cheers

Howard
Yes the AG is SWB gravity tank, but AC pump because it has a slightly later engine (fitted in 60's?) with Nippy manifolds & carb
no sign of crud in the fuel pump filter, which is the fuel's first port of call and it runs freely into that filter.
My RK was just like yours, but I think (hope) it's problems were with fuel level  (dodgy bob weights). The car is no0t local at the moment, but I hope to go down & refit the carb this week! Fingers ceossed. It has a really neat little WIPAC in line filter from the tap  (and a mesh filter in the FZB22 original carb)