The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ScA7C Brideswell Run 2019...
Boules, castles, gearbox swaps, trailers and rain - a very enjoyable weekend was had by all.

It was a very enjoyable and sociable weekend. We covered 270 trouble-free miles, almost entirely on B-roads with lovely scenery and some challenging hills. 

If anyone wants to know the secret of getting young people involved in our hobby surely this is it - camping, live music, good food and the freedom to roam around safely.

Peter I think you may well be right with regards to getting young people interested with camping etc and that's not a bad thing. My wife however young or old She is now over 70 (don't tell her I have let on about her age) has never enjoyed camping. She will only stay in hotels.

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
For clarity, participants on this event stayed in a local hotel, tents, campervans, Air B&B and a house - nobody was excluded, and it was planned with that in mind.

The youngest was 4 and eldest 89 - with a healthy mix of ages in between.
This was my first outing with the ScA7C and it'll not be the last! I met lots of friendly folk, all happy to talk Austin 7 and to share their knowledge. The runs were lovely and greatly extended my confidence in what an 86 year old A7 is capable of!
I had a fresh gearbox with Nippy gearing ready to go into my AJ Tourer and Ruairidh suggested I bring it along. A skilled team soon had the engine out, gearbox fitted and engine back in between the end of the run on Saturday and the barbecue! A bonus was that my old box was an improvement for another A7! Thanks to all who helped and to everyone for a great way to spend a weekend!

Ian Singer
What an amazingly friendly and talented lot of people there are on the Scottish Austin Seven club. We enjoyed our weekend tremendously and hope to meet up again someday, perhaps at the Guildtown rally next year.

Charles and Judy Levien
It was very nice to meet you and Judy at last Charles - I am also glad you are well again!!
(29-05-2019, 06:11 PM)Ruairidh Dunford Wrote: It was very nice to meet you and Judy at last Charles - I am also glad you are well again!!

Thank you Ruairidh — yes it’s good to be firing on all four cylinders again.

Charles
More pictures from one of the evening gatherings...

.jpeg   9B531C60-3C0C-4ABD-A96B-9407CB3FD646.jpeg (Size: 97.54 KB / Downloads: 81)

Charles is in the centre!

.jpeg   F81EE0BF-FB6A-44E9-813B-18AD1281E411.jpeg (Size: 103.14 KB / Downloads: 81)

.jpeg   5C9AF0B0-354B-4175-95F8-1427977F82D2.jpeg (Size: 123.49 KB / Downloads: 82)
Aahh, making music together is wonderful!