The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin Seven for auction in Cardiff
Dear Austin Seven friends

I hope you do not mind me posting this here, but I thought it may be of interest to you that Rogers Jones Co in Cardiff are auctioning my 1933 Austin Seven, at their Selections and Collections auction on the 14th of June. A nice photo of the vehicle is shown on the front page of their website https://www.rogersjones.co.uk/

If you have any questions please contact me via direct message, although I am not sure I will be able to answer anything very technical. I have inherited the vehicle from my late father, who was far more knowledgeable about cars than I will ever be. 

Griff Phillips
Griff - you should have enquired here before listing it... you might have found a direct local enthusiast who might have taken it on at a fair price. Best of luck with auction anyway!
That's an expensive way to sell a car!  Seller's commission probably 10-20% ( I hope you negotiated a favourable rate!) plus VAT; Buyer's Premium 18% inc. vat, so actually cheaper than most "High Street" auction rooms.
It looks a nice car, someone might want to pay, say, a max £7500, so they have to stop bidding at £6350. Seller then gets something between £4800 and £5600 approx, depending on the seller's commission rate, so about a third of the price paid ends up with the auctioneer and Vatman.
Hi All

Seller's commission is not always that high 5% at Brightwells, Leominster (A really lovely Seven Special up on the 10th July!!!!).  Also you don't get the hassle of tyre kickers and no shows. You also retain some anonymity.

Best of luck with the sale

Cheers

Howard
Hi all

Here's the official listing with some more detailed photos. 

https://www.rogersjones.co.uk/en/antique...6-14/lot/5

I'm quite happy to sell via an auctioneer - I've got a lot on my plate at the moment and I haven't got the time to sell it privately.
For the benefit of anyone who might be interested in buying a box Saloon, and making a trip to Cardiff, I happened to be in Rogers Jones Saleroom yesterday and had a quick viewing of the one coming up for auction. It appears to be a very good, very sound example, restored to a high standard (in 1970s?). No obvious rust, good paint finish, good chrome, nicely trimmed in leather to original spec., all now nicely patinated. looking a little scruffy and could do with a good wash and brush-up, but all the more appealing. It appears to have been used carefully and maintained properly; someone's pride and joy for the past 40-odd years.
Possibly cheaper and almost certainly a better prospect than other box saloons on the market (ebay) at the moment. An old photo (1960s-70s) shows the car in non-original creamy-yellow and black. I wonder if it was actually blue when new.
I have no connection with vendor or auctioneer.