The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export speedo

.jpeg   Italian speedo.jpeg (Size: 244.37 KB / Downloads: 308)

This speedometer is from an export Seven, around October 1927. The form and style is identical to the PA version.
Is this correct for an exported car of this age?
Thanks.
Did the Seven still have a silver-faced instrument in October 1927? Otherwise it looks correct.
I would say no, I thought speedos of that era still retained the solid Nickel bezel including the black faced versions. I have however not seen export speedos, NZ had home market instruments in Miles rather then KMS so possibly other country's had the later style instrument with a face in KMS prior to home market changing. My gut says this is unlikely.
Black Art Enthusiast
I have photos of an original 50mph sports that was unearthed in Finland (May have been Sweden??) a few years back Chris - it has a 0-100 KMPH speedo like the one in your photo.

I will attempt to find the photos of it for you...
do you have, or know, the car it came off, Chris?
We had a 27 Top Hat saloon that had been restored by a dutch chap. It had a silver repro face in kilometres very similar if not the same as yours. I understand that the car is now in Australia.
Many thanks for your input guys. Most instructive. 
Jon, The car was originally a Chummy, surviving WW11 in Italy, but in a hell of a state!