The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1981 Mallory Park - with Australian Raid entries
Bill Sheehan passes on the following from Tony Johns relating to the above...

“Better late than never. I have finally located the file with all the paper work from the 1981 Raid.
The replica single seater #45  was entered and driven by John Brydon from Nottingham and the just completed single seat special with an inverted Ruby radiator shell #31 was Eddie Marriott from Oxted.
Photos attached all taken by John Cowley whose late father Bill raced against John Whitehouse in 1967.
Again apologies for the delay it is only now thatI am finally sorting out all the boxes of paper work that I kept when we moved nearly two years ago.”

The wine sponsor was Geoff Walker Who ran a chain of LiquorSave shops from Chester. He raced the ex-John Ward hot chummy and even won the Voiturette Trophy in it, despite his 16 stone weight, 6'3" height, and the broken gearbox top held together with rope!
£2 per bottle sounds very fair. I remember Geoff well. Not just an A7 enthusiast, but a Jazz Man, too
Alan Fairless
Sparkling wind market? Keep your distance!
What I find funny is that although 5 cars came from Australia 4 of them were from Oxted, (a small town in Surrey), John Brigden drove an "Oxted" car although he lived in Sevenoaks.