The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Axle rebuild. Recommendations required
I have rebuilt axles for myself and others including Paul Lawrence when he was racing his 'Ulster' with the VSCC. I have had no complaints, although on one occasion when I fitted a non-matched crown wheel and pinion I volunteered to re-adjust clearance to reduce the whine. Lip seals both ends of the half shafts, good bearings and straight 140 oil have always given good results for me. Before going to Montlhery this year I checked the oil as a matter of routine but it was still up to the mark, and these is no trace of oil on the brakes. I am not volunteering to do another at present, but I can give you some tips if you pm me with a phone no.
Robert Leigh
You really do need EP 140 not EP 90 in there.

Don't listen to those that say you must not use EP oils here - modern EP oils are not corrosive to brass or bronze (It was true with very early EP oils).
The key thing is they are much better at the job !

You can check this out with any of the oil blender laboratories i.e. Millers. Morris ect
Good luck with your axle.