The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naming the car
Some have asked me recently, have your cars got names?

I have thought about this. 

The 1931 has Herbie painted on the bonnet, but I never refer to it as that. 
It’s called "The RN"
Similarly I have "The Opal"
And "The Chummy"
Maybe that’s the names I should painted on their bonnets.

My 3 year old Citroen should surely be called "Rusty" as it goes into the body shop on Monday to fix the corrosion on the bottom of the doors......

Or should I be using names like Lysimachus, Neoptolemus, Philoxenus?

Roly
1931 RN, 1933 APD
Percy ?. Don’t blame me....blame my partner. Telling her that I’m popping into the garage to fiddle with my Percy gets strange looks!
I may have already mentioned this... in my youth (1963/4?) I remember seeing what I now think was a yellow Chummy with
"Harry's Tottle" painted in black on the bonnet sides. It lived outside a student-occupied house on St Mary's, York.
Nothing new with giving cars pet names, this is a Gordon England Brooklands in 1926:

Over the years many of my cars have been given names, but strangely some of the most loved have not had names ...
When my brother and I bought our PD 45 years ago it was so full of crumbling filler that it became known as "Dandruff" and so it remains!
I've never given any of my cars names but have, at one time or another, called all of them 'Basta*d'

Steve Exclamation
Whilst i am not a fan of anthropomorphising cars, the kids have named my saloon 'Fug' (phonetic FG). Perhaps in homage to 'Brum'. It seems to have stuck!
You might enjoy this old thread too - http://www.austinsevenfriends.co.uk/foru...p?tid=1307
Paul
On the first day God created the Austin 7, then he rested
I had an RK which the previous owner called Hesperus as in "the wreck of the"
As I said back then -

Well- yes and no - The Chummy, The Latrobe Sports, The Saloon  [Image: smile.png] 

Cheers, Tony.