The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horn push tube removal.
Add Molyslip to whatever you use .... especially if grease.....and experience very light steering. Mine went from occasionally locking up going round a corner to being one finger light steering. (much work had been done including having the sector built up and reprofiled etc......still do not know the cause of the locking up and near pavement excursions!!)
Or of course the latest grease with AFMT (Anti Friction Metal Treatment, an oil in its own rite) already added. Since the AFMT has a long molecule that has a charge it is attracted to metal and once on, stays on the metal so unlike ordinary grease does not get squeezed away. Great for cold starts....camshafts and crankshafts etc. MIRA tested and proven. Google SYNIONIC for details.

Dennis

Dennis
Has anyone tried Penrite Steering Box lube in a 7? I have used it in my Riley box and found it very good. The consistency of Swarfega, it lubricates, remains 'fluid' but will not leak out...
GRAHAM - if you have no use for your horn tube push and leavers I could put them to use.......no rush, fairly long term project/refurbish.

Dennis

(15-05-2019, 11:20 AM)Hugh Barnes Wrote: Has anyone tried Penrite Steering Box lube in a 7? I have used it in my Riley box and found it very good. The consistency of Swarfega, it lubricates, remains 'fluid' but will not leak out...

Hugh. I have sent you a PM.

Dennis
Hugh, I always use the stuff. It stays where it should be, in the box, rather than working it's way up the column as grease does.
(15-05-2019, 11:26 AM)Dennis Nicholas Wrote: GRAHAM - if you have no use for your horn tube push and leavers I could put them to use.......no rush, fairly long term project/refurbish.

Dennis

Sorry Dennis

I have just put them on Ebay as I knew I would never have a use for them.
Item number 163691192185  if you're interested though

Thanks for everyones help, they slipped out with no problem.

Graham.