The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you recognise this piece?
Good Evening,
I have purchased a kit of parts that comprise, by repute, a complete RP saloon. Another one not on the surviving register, but has been on SORN since the early 90's. 
I thought I had best be organised about my approach to this or it could become an indefinite search for elusive parts which I am now not sure if I saw or did not, sort of thing.
An inventory is what I need. So I began and so far mostly so good. I am at a loss with the pieces in the attached photo. I do not believe they A7 related but perhaps I have just not come across them before. anybody care to hazard an opinion please?
There are two of the rods and only one of the knurled pieces, which has a circular hole in it, a snug fit over the circular part of the rod.

I'm pretty certain that those have nothing to do with an Austin Seven, but there's something vaguely familiar about them. Do they have a left-hand thread at one end?
Hi Martin,
I attach some more photos. On closer inspection, the threads on both ends are right hand, there is a hole drilled into the end of each rod. The knurled part has an internal thread and a shoulder at one end. I think you are correct these are not A7 parts at all, just happened to be in one of the many boxes of parts. I am still curious about their origins however if anybody has an idea or wants them?

are they some sort of adjusting rod akin to the middle of a turnbuckle?
Looks like part of a Router
Its a pair of "Odding Bars" -

"I don't know what these sodding bars are for, but I will include them in a kit of parts for an RP "
I worked with a guy who had to close down a factory and crate up the last machine ready for export to India. He said they included lots of "Odding Bars" on the inventory just to clear the factory floor .
Bob
Thats it then a set of sodding odding bars and knurled whatsit! I shall include them in a box of goodies for Beaulieu at the weekend and label them Odding Bars, imperial, offset, grade A

Thanks for all the great ideas
Jack