The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AC fuel pump valve problems
I have been having some "fun" with my petrol pump as the hexagonal fiberous valve flaps have worn groves into the aluminum casting. This means they move to the side a lot and don't always seal. Does anyone know if you can bodge the valves from a later AC to fit in place of these, is there another fix, or is it only good for scrap?
Try turning the fibre valves upside down, This often persuades then to seal better. Later pump valves are a completely different design and wont fit.
Nick, I seem to have a few spare pumps, mainly in pieces. If you can post a photo of the casting, and the wear, then I'll see if i have a better one for you.
Good thought David... Flipping them over won't help though as they will still move sideways into the grooves...

Andrew, it's the top half of the pump I need. It's been a month or three since I rebuilt the pump and it seemed to be ok, but from memory, there's a small screw that releases a cover over the valves. There are two fibre hexagons that move in the flow. My pump body has some deep grooves worn by the corners in the circular recess...

Also... Is there a way to seperate the top without trashing the new diaphragm I fitted? It seems to be stuck like the proverbial to a blanket!?

Is this the right sort of AC pump? Can't see any wear in this top casting. Can post the top casting to you for £10 if you want it.
Thanks Andrew.. It's quite hard to tell from the photo, but it all looks a little rough on the inside particularly on the valve seat. I'm not sure how I'd refinish it well enough to get a seal... I'll see if anyone more local has one, but may yet be in touch.

Regards Nick
Just rebuilt my pump.
Sounds like it’s very similar.
Hexagons look like mica.
You could try repairing the body with araldite or similar.
I have used araldite in engine internals with success.
Also new pumps from the seven workshop look good value.
Regards
Tim