The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Non original audible warning instruments
If the new horn is a Klaxon type I expect it will draw a lot more current than the original.
Jim
All sorted now and many thanks for your excellent replies.
Much appreciated.
Graham.
Mine has arrived and I made a direct substitution for the existing inaudible motorcycle type horn. I just made sure of the polarity and it works and sounds fine. 

Roly
1931 RN, 1933 APD
(05-10-2017, 10:50 PM)Roland Alcock Wrote: Mine has arrived and I made a direct substitution for the existing inaudible motorcycle type horn. I just made sure of the polarity and it works and sounds fine. 

Roly

Hello Roly

We'll have to compare horns on the Wye Valley Wander!

Graham.
(06-10-2017, 11:51 AM)Graham Honnor Wrote:
(05-10-2017, 10:50 PM)Roland Alcock Wrote: Mine has arrived and I made a direct substitution for the existing inaudible motorcycle type horn. I just made sure of the polarity and it works and sounds fine. 

Roly

Hello Roly

We'll have to compare horns on the Wye Valley Wander!

Graham.

Indeed we shall.

Roly
1931 RN, 1933 APD
A little late to the table I know but I feel an irresistible urge to brag about my 'vintage' 6V Sonabel horn, acquired off eBay France for 25 euros or so. It looks like a bugle scavenged from the charge of the light brigade with a hefty motor screwed on the back, and projects a demeanour of heft and purposeful gravitas. No clue what it came off (a lorry?) or how long ago, but it's difficult not to enjoy. Here's a pic of a more expensive one which somebody cleaned:

Blackadder to Baldrick:

Size is not important my dear Baldrick. Many racehorses are well endowed, but that does not make them sensitive lovers.

Smile
(11-10-2017, 07:18 PM)Reckless Rat Wrote: Blackadder to Baldrick:

Size is not important my dear Baldrick. Many racehorses are well endowed, but that does not make them sensitive lovers.

Smile

<several possible replies deleted on grounds of decency>   Rolleyes  
I think we're going to have to compare our fine specimens at Beaulieu next year...
Having working Benjamin and Rist horns I found that the other drivers in their hermetically sealed motors can't hear them so I consigned them to the store and fitted twin trumpet air horns which they have no difficulty in hearing.
I feel fairly sure they'll hear Sonabel - it's a bit like an ocean liner arriving at port...