The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colonial B type tourer
And is that a four spoke steering wheel- although it looks to be more dished than the picture, page 46 in the Source Book ?
Interesting Bill, it appears a number of early NZ cars had the 12/4 script badge on the radiator, perhaps this was to maximise Austin advertising in the colonies? We know the photo was early 1924, not sure if Neil knows the month but will ask. I based my dates on features like the head lights which were apparently only fitted from April to December 1923, I also thought the starting handle changed in Dec 1923 but I defer to you greater experience with these early cars. Perhaps we have a late December 1923 manufacture date, 6 weeks of so shipping to NZ then sale here tying in with our early 1924 photograph?
Black Art Enthusiast
The smaller opening panel on the windscreen suggests 1923 rather than 1924.
The CH with the small square number plate (for Christchurch registration) puts the car as pre ‘25 when the nz changed to a national pLate system.
Yes thank you Bryan we know for fact the photograph was taken in early 1924
Black Art Enthusiast