The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dripping Zenith 26va
Is it a leak from the banjo that looks like it is coming from elsewhere?

Is the casting cracked in that area?

Low grade Loctite or similar, used as a sealant, will stop such leaks, for a while, at least.
I think I've solved the problem,  I've put the old pump back on and its stopped leaking !! Thanks everyone and Ruairidh  looks like the spring in the new pump is too strong  how can I get around that ?
In the first instance - speak to Jamie and see what he suggests.
Yes I will R.
Thanks
I had a similar problem from day one with my RP saloon. I also had fuel starvation issues and ended up having a new fuel pump and the tank cleaned out professionally, which finally sorted the fuel starvation but the carb still dripped.

Like morrisminor, I tried every size of washer supplied with the carb overhaul kit from Burlens when I rebuilt the carb, but the thicker ones only gave me flat spots. I began to think that it was just one of those Austin 7 things.

Then the other day, after I had given it a good service, I noticed that it has stopped doing it. I don't know why, as I have done nothing to the car that would alter it. It must be just one of those Austin 7 things......
I know! It's Hay Fever causing the drip.
I know its a Baby Austin, but I didn't know I was expected to undertake the mechanical equivalent of wiping its nose!

On reflection, though, I have to wipe the oil off the near side rear of the crankcase (the usual black to crankcase joint leak) which I presume must be the mechanical equivalent of wiping its bottom.
morrisminor wrote " looks like the spring in the new pump is too strong  how can I get around that ?"

Did we ever get an answer to that question ?
E Richard,  I've took a old spring out of a seized pump and popped it in the new pump and so far it's worked I've done about 150 miles with it, although I'm not sure if the primer works but I having used the car frequently it perhaps isn't needed.
If you think the hand primer is not working, try rotating the engine a turn by the crankhandle  and try again. The petrol pump internal lever may be momentarily depressed by the camshaft.