The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Dripping Zenith 26va
Thanks for the replies, I have tried to change the springs but the old one is small and when trying to clip the diaphragm back in even when it's fully compressed it won't allow it in far enough, any ideas ??
Thanks Andrew

Looks like the wrong spring has been fitted. The original spring should look like to new spring (on the right of your photo) but of lighter gauge wire.
The one on the right is the spring from the old pump....
I need a spring like the one on the left only lighter gauge, any body help me ??
Thanks Andrew
Sorry, I meant on the LEFT of your photo. Oops! The one on the right is clearly wrong.
Hi Andrew,

Following on from my replies to your AC fuel pump gasket problem, I now see the reason why you're unable to swap over the two main springs shown above - it's because the main springs in both fuel pumps you have are incompatible with one anther. Your old existing pump is obviously an 'M' Type pump which used a smaller diameter spring as shown on the right, the new pump you bought from the Seven Workshop is a 'T' Type pump which used a wider diameter spring as shown on the left. The way to resolve this would be to buy a second hand but original NOT a modern repro one 'T' Type pump, remove the main spring from that and put it in your new Seven Workshop 'T' Type pump.

Jeff.