The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
They are still out there!
Hi mark,

Good to here the V5 is there. It's not pictured. Should hopefully be easier to get a V5c.

As you say anyone interested should view. You have to make your own mind up at auctions.

I'll be in the auction Wednesday. Although not realy looking to buy the car. Sorry to say I think with commission it will be to expensive for me to do a simperthetic restore and re- sell.

I'll be there to look at some nice NON austin 7 stuff, and the militaria in next days auction.

Could you tell me what's going on with the number stamping? The bulkhead plate looks like it was done with a centre punch? As does the engine number on the chassis. 

The chassis number looks to be in the correct stamps, but hard to see if the numbers are 1 or 4 etc.

Tony.
i've never seen 'Occasional' body type on a buff log before, but was it used rather than tourer on the early cars? Or what does that signify?
Kingfisher blue likely the original hue?
Hi jonE,

Didn't notice the occasional.

Not seen it before, but it wouldn't worry me having that on it.

I've seen sevens with alsorts of things put on as body type. I think one of my own open sevens say CONVERTABLE? I wouldnt have thought that would be put on a 1920s car originally?

My cabriolet had, cabriolet on the buff logbook. And was for some unexplainable reason changed to rigid body when it went onto the old blue V5.

If the chummy has a blue V5, It would be interesting to see what they body type says on it.

JonE, you mension the colour. It has been crossed out on the buff. So I doubt the colour on the car is its original paint.

Tony.

Ps, the strange things that happen to logbooks over the years doesn't end with sevens. I bought a 1920 new Hudson 211cc motorcycle a few years ago. The price was sensible, because the V5c says its a NEW HOLLAND. I have the only two wheeled tractor ever known Big Grin I take it the DVLA operator had big fingers. And regularly hit the wrong button, or two at the same time  Wink
The buyer commission level is simply extortionate. For that reason, I'm out.
Nick, you sound like a dragon!
Hi nick,

The commission is only extortionate depending on the sale price.

The car is estimated at £4,000 to £6,000. 

Auction laws state that reserves can NOT LEGALY be set above the lowest estimate.

So if the car sells at £4,000 plus 21.6% that's a nice little car for under £5,000 CHEAP car. So commissions are fine.

Perhaps we should see what price the car actually sell at, before rateing the auction fees.

Tony.
Very nice little time warp car, hard to tell from the pictures Jon I think it is an older restoration but even so nice. I will watch with interest as I bet it fetches more than estimated.
Black Art Enthusiast
I take your point about the overall figure Tony but if their charge is as stated then it is an exceptionally high buyer premium for motor vehicles.

Silverstone: 12.5%
Brightwells: 10%
H&H: 5%
DVCA 10%

I can remember when buyer premiums did not exist. I think it was Bonhams was the first auction house to introduce it back in the late 1970s and then just about everyone jumped on the bandwagon. Granted auction houses must charge to survive but I don't like the buyer premium in principle and its effect is simply to reduce the amount of money that the seller will receive - because we all generally adjust our bidding to take account of it, especially on higher value items.
Nick has rather beaten me to it. 18% plus VAT, then plus 5% for online bidding! I don't think we are their target market. Shush, don't let Brightwells know in case it catches on.
They're all at it. H&H is now 12.5% buyer AND 5% seller both plus vat so 20% over the hammer price.
Suffolk, UK

1925 Chummy
1934 Box