The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sports in Neston
The problem I have with the Mulliner id is the slope of the tail - the Mulliner Sports is almost horizontal, like an M-Type MG ... oh, and the valences should have louvres, which the Neston car might just have, it's hard to see.

Attached Files
.jpg   red7563-101.800.jpg (Size: 124.34 KB / Downloads: 166)
I wonder if the postcard view is dated on the rear?

Attached Files
.jpg   ebay263506.jpg (Size: 90.23 KB / Downloads: 132)
That's an interesting car, Jon; I don't think I've seen a Mulliner Sports with the tall radiator before.
The wings of the "Unknown" and Mulliner do look to be identical and the false chassis horns do seem to be there. The proportions of the bonnet and scuttle also seem to be the same and - a possible clincher - the expensive-to-produce windscreen could be from the same supplier as well, especially the "quarter lights" (what was the name for them in the day, if they had one?). Perhaps the quite-different tail might have been to order, with the spare wheel inside or outside. The large lower door hinge seems to be in place as well. The louvres were probably an optional extra at £1 : 13s : 6d.