The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bantam turbo
[attachment=6294][attachment=6294]The BANTAM is running finally , lots of corrections when setting up first time ..   The oil pressure relief springs was distorted resulting in O oil pressure ..   # 70 now at entry to timing cover to crank ..   70 micron filter at oil pickup does not restrict oil to gear pump ..   In the pics the blue lines are water to engine , turbo , and back of block in port area ..  Red is oil from engine pump and electric pump under the large  oil filter  which go to front timing cover , the 2 at front of crankcase go to turbo  and around the front to valve side cover and center cam bushing ..   Fuel is black lines starting under intercooler at bottom of grill to  pressure control and to  2  port injectors ..   Vacuum lines are clear for now ..  Fire nozzles  (3) are red ..  The engine now is computer control with sensors for throttle position , air temp , water temp , mass air pressure , magnetic pickup at flywheel for timing , oxygen sensor for fuel mixture ..   The learning curve is large and steep ..   Car color is MIDNIGHT BLUE PEARL  ..    Comments / questions welcome    STEVE

Attached Files
.jpg   DSCN2692.JPG (Size: 119.87 KB / Downloads: 297)
.jpg   DSCN2696.JPG (Size: 122.96 KB / Downloads: 298)
.jpg   DSCN2682.JPG (Size: 119.93 KB / Downloads: 298)
.jpg   DSCN2683.JPG (Size: 120.38 KB / Downloads: 299)
.jpg   DSCN2685.JPG (Size: 120.92 KB / Downloads: 299)
.jpg   DSCN2687.JPG (Size: 120.71 KB / Downloads: 297)
.jpg   DSCN2688.JPG (Size: 122.71 KB / Downloads: 295)
.jpg   DSCN2693.JPG (Size: 120.12 KB / Downloads: 294)
HI STEVE,
First off looking very neat and a credit to your ability
How do you run in to get every thing to bed in
also what max revs will you set
When will the first run be

Cheers
Colin
NZ
The engine easily turns 7000 in 1st & 2nd ,  not so in 3 &4 , thats why turbo and fuel injection ..   First race meet is June 9  at El Mirage Dry Lake  , north of Los Angeles , California ..  A  1  mile run for top speed with shut down distance ..  I take engine apart every year to check everything and upgrade  . .  This year it was better locating crank and bearings ,  2 studs from bottom of crankcase to bottom of block on valve side , upgrade block studs  , solid metal  block to case gasket / spacer , mill head to dead flat ,.008 ..  And all this turbo/fuel injection , intercooler , water tank in back , bigger ECU , more wiring , a lap top for tuning , new paint !!  Nothing particular on run in , the tuning and short spurts on a street .   The rings and bearings have been there awhile ..   STEVE
Hi Steve I, and I am sure others, would be fascinated to see (and hear) a video of it when you run it up in anger, let us know how it goes and what figures you get at El Mirage please.
Black Art Enthusiast
Steve

Don't just  show us pictures, bring the machine over to Pendine Sands on 15th/16th June, then numbers of us can turn up in slightly more conventional Sevens and shake your hand, before hearing and watching it perform.
I like daft buggers, me!
wicked piece of work. I have  a few curiosity questions.

What is your current compression ratio.
What is the peak boost pressure.
What RPM does the boost start to kick in.

Are you chasing any speed records?
Compression about 7 1/2 , haven't measured it with latest gaskets ,  beginning tune stage ,   boost about 5-7 # , start rpm to be determined , car runs as Time Only , Roadster class based on Ford body sizes ,  4 PLAY   to small ..  STEVE