The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drive it Day
Wish I could have joined in the fun with my '34 Ruby, but a prevailing dispute with the DVLA and their revocation of my V5C means that I can't take to the road legally at the moment.  Sad
I pulled the ORT out of the garage... Despite a lot of cranking, very little fuel made it into the float chamber.

A while ago when I replaced the diaphragm in the pump, I noticed I have very worn valves, so suspect they arent sealing... I don't have a spare pump, so this drive it day I can't either. Still... I drive mine all year so its a bit pointless making an effort today!
I can now report that my Pearl has covered 10 miles since 1966!!
Aberdeen Drive It Day 2019

A fine run organised by Garioch Vehicle Restoration Society from Aberdeen Beach (complete with East Coast haar) to Castle Fraser via the South Deeside Road and the Deeside Line Station at Crathes. Only Austin 7 there but plenty other very nice cars of all ages - I heard someone saying about 175 in all.

Ian Singer

Run out in the Top Hat with a friend to the Great Central Railway at Ruddington, near Nottingham. 
Other than the interior mirror coming unscrewed during the return, a lovely day in the sunshine.
Fellow road users patient and considerate.
Joined the rest of the Sheffield Area PWA7C and VAR on a run round Derbyshire. 14 cars proved too many to cope with the limited carpark space at the lunch halt, especially as we were joined by a similar number of Austin Healeys!

Just to put my previously reported 60mpg into context, with plenty of first and second gear work and a half-hour traffic jam in Chesterfield, it looks like it was nearer 40mpg today.
My run took me to Masham, I saw 5 Alvis and a Bugatti Atalante but missed the VSCC gathering at Grewelthorpe but on to the Bluebell at Arkendale where there was a 1914 Hudson, a Brooklands replica which was a cracker, an HRG , an MG saloon, a Field Marshal tractor and a traction engine. As a professional fool I left the phone on charge and couldn't get any pics!
We had a lovely family holiday in Masham a few years back Duncan - ale heaven!!

We spent the day at a wheel and some horse heads!

On the way back we collected our eldest daughter from her Orchestra weekend - 5 up with baggage and a violin was a squeeze - they have all grown since our trip to France!!
The Norfolk A7 Club enjoyed a gentle tootle round the local lanes, with a visit to a master artistic blacksmiths' forge and a very pleasant pub lunch.

27 people in 15 cars took part. The pre-war fleet comprised seven assorted Sevens, two Austin Tens and a 1926 Crossley. Post-war “classics” consisted of a Ford 100E, an MGB GT, a “British Open” Mini and an Austin-Healy Sprite. A couple of members in a modern made up the numbers.

The photos below show a few of the cars at the start and a few more at the pub. 

Rick

In deepest Norfolk
Although not strictly on the point, on Saturday evening I took FG over to Much Wenlock to meet and old friend for a meal. He was very intrigued by the Seven, as he tells me that his mother had an RP saloon which he used to borrow as a teenager to go to rowing competitions. He was into rowing 4's at the time and he and another member of his crew, who had a Morris 8, would strap two oars on the top of each car, the other two members of the crew would all pile into the Seven and all the luggage would be piled into the Morris.

I took him for a little run round the town, but being 82, he had some difficulty in getting in and out!

Finally got home at half past midnight, so I was out in the Seven at the start of 'Drive it' day! (So I hope this post counts

Photos of Derek in the car and FG at the top of Wenlock Hill:

On the way back home, I had no idea that it is a gentle but steady climb from Shrewsbury all the way to Nesscliffe on the A5.

Attached Files
.jpg   S00FI001.JPG (Size: 140.88 KB / Downloads: 141)
.jpg   S00FI006.JPG (Size: 121.07 KB / Downloads: 139)
.jpg   S00FI002.JPG (Size: 109.03 KB / Downloads: 140)
.jpg   S00FI003.JPG (Size: 118.62 KB / Downloads: 140)
.jpg   S00FI005.JPG (Size: 126.76 KB / Downloads: 140)