The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Under the seat
Hi All,

My Ulster Rep has wedge shaped boxes under the seat cushions, angled downward at the rear. The question I have is if this is the sort of thing the original cars had, or if the cushions were merely dropped on the floor to give the lowest seating position.

Feeling Autumn in Seattle

Erich
(26-09-2017, 05:59 AM)Erich Wrote: Hi All,

My Ulster Rep has wedge shaped boxes under the seat cushions, angled downward at the rear. The question I have is if this is the sort of thing the original cars had, or if the cushions were merely dropped on the floor to give the lowest seating position.

Felling Autumn in Seattle

Erich

On the face of it, these sound like the rear seat footwells in a saloon.  Do you know the origins of your floorpan?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Martin, the shape is similar. My boxes are made of wood and sit on the flat floor(Compound Curvatures body). So while the shape is similar to the foot wells, the flat floor means they are raised off the floor, and, if you will, inverted from what the foot wells are.

Erich
(26-09-2017, 07:34 PM)Erich Wrote: Martin, the shape is similar. My boxes are made of wood and sit on the flat floor(Compound Curvatures body). So while the shape is similar to the foot wells, the flat floor means they are raised off the floor, and, if you will, inverted from what the foot wells are.

Erich

Erich,

I think that is what they should have and is necessary to give the correct profile to support your thighs. A lot cars just seem to have a cushion sitting on the floor, but I don't think that would be very comfortable on a long run.

Tom
Erich,
Owners of original cars can comment the best, but Chris Gould's guide suggests that the wooden seat bases (under the cushion) are 4 1/2" high at the front, tapering down to zero at the rear. It also suggests that the seat bases are 14 3/4" wide by 15 1/2" long. I recommend Chris's guide and am using it to build my EA Sports rep.
Alan
Thank you Alan. My Gould books are all packed after a move, so not accessible presently.

Best,

Erich