The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Zones
Slightly confused. Was just checking a recently updated old thread and before replying checked to see when the last few posts were added, so as not to be the guy who replied to a 3-year-old post.

Here's an example:

.jpg   Capture1.JPG (Size: 12.78 KB / Downloads: 350)

However it's in fact 08.41 in Blighty - are we operating in the right time zone?
At the very bottom right of the page is the time and it compensates for location it gives me the right local time for Australia.  So I imagine you need to check what location you have put in your user profile, it probably defaults to a US time zone.
Cheers

Mark
Showing correctly at the bottom right of my screen

.jpg   Capture2.JPG (Size: 4.94 KB / Downloads: 289)

Well, a minute slow in fact!

Attached Files
.jpg   Capture1.JPG (Size: 8.95 KB / Downloads: 284)
Wow- Chris' first post he quotes 8.43 in UK - date showing I received it at 5.43 pm

Then he posts a picture showing 9.03 22-4-2019 received at 6.04 pm

My computer says 10.43 23-4-2019 but the friends page shows 10.40.

Checking again now they agree !
Computers usually update their time twice a day with a reference point you can alter. I know this because my wife's computer is generally 3-4 hours slow or fast depending on the time of day whilst mine is always within a minute and corrects itself with the reference point at 5am and 5pm. Time spent on google etc reveals a simply process which doesn't work. Appears to be a random Windows 10 thing, so we have put a piece of tape over the screen so it doesn't annoy her...
Andy
Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think!
Since no other Marches Austin Seven owner has risen to the challenge of being today's anorak, can I add to the discussion of differing times that Church Stretton Station has on Platform 1 a marker indicating that it is 11 mins 12 secs behind Greenwich time. I must get out more, to Leominster, Craven Arms....
.....but as Leominster and Craven Arms are almost due south of Church Stretton, your thrilling adventure will barely take you into a new time zone by more that a second or two!
I am on Cornish Summer Time,
Its Drectly a Bit on the Slow Side !!!
Well Martin, maybe today an Austin should speed Westward to Knucklas. Perhaps one of the castellated towers that decorate the four corners of the viaduct would, as well having a plaque  recording the names of engineer and contractor, note the relationship with Greenwich time. Radnorshire time is always a bit different.