The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Searching for Mike Whitthome
Question 
Does anyone know if Mike is still active ?
 He mentioned having some photos of the other Gordon England Sunshine Saloon - some time ago.
   - John Edwards, SW WA, USA
Way out in the Pacific NW, USA
It would appear Mike's last contribution on the old ASF Forum was in April 2017.

Mike was also a member of 'The MG Experience' forum as he owned an MG Magnette ZB. I notice his last login there was 2012.

https://www.mgexp.com/member/Mike-W.14488/
John - perhaps send me an email through the SWB Saloon site link below sevenRKwordpress.com. I'm currently sorting parts out on one of the other Saloons. Are you interested in detail that links to the sunshine bit... or to the "generic" bits? (I'm not sure one can call it generic when its only 4 of them...)

We have a sniff of the 4th car - the most original one - which disappeared from UK in 1980s. I also posted recently asking whether Paul Nicholas (ex 25 Chummy, Top Hat et al) was still around... I'd be interested if others know.
Thumbs Up 
Thanks, JonE - very interesting wordpress site.
I'd like to determine how my GESS body pan (wood) attached at the rear
(there is a large timber that was under mine, triangular, with 2 carriage bolt holes,
but I've never figured it out, since I removed it in 1969 !),
also what the original instrument panel was made of (metal or wood ?).
Mine is obviously a replacement.
You may have discovered my old Photobucket site, hopefully still accessible, at
Mesquite28
many, many pics of my GESS parts there.
   - John Edwards
Way out in the Pacific NW, USA
There is a picture in all the Freehollow information of the rear connection and also Ruairidh's GE wordpress site has the patents which also show the design. The "Hardy fabric discs" (mentioned in Source book) there look just like a bit of rubber donut. Anyone have other photos?

You'll see i've already linked your and Chris Edwards' photobucket archives into the GE Saloon article.

Most importantly, there is another early, blue, GE Saloon body listed on the survivors register that nobody knows anything about. It's on a later chassis, but does anyone know RX 9817, as this might be crucial for finishing the rebuild of your car and the other one which is part dismantled.. in cross-referencing the Freehollow car.

We have one completely original and low mileage car in existence, PN 341, which we may not have any access to despite knowing it exists and is "well".