The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DVLA cannot be wrong!
My AD Chummy that came back from Seattle last year had never been "titled" in the USA & was still on the UK plates it came over on in1985. "DF4260" with copies of a green continuation Log book, shipping & transportation insurance etc all with the chassis no and this Reg No... HOWEVER the export paper from the DVLC (as it used to be) said it was registered as DF 4620.....
So when I re-imported it they ignored everything except this V561/2 (filled in by hand) in 1985!
So it is now registered as DF 4620, back on what they say is it's original number (which was still on the DVLA Database as an exported vehicle)
I think life is too short to argue the toss so will buy new plates (and in due course write & tell them the engine size is 747cc not 848cc....(Austin Seven mini, of course)
I will put the saga on the A7CA register shortly.
Makes for an interesting history I suppose.
David
Sorry, David, not sure of the point you are making here?  However, I would have thought that the DVLA would weigh the various evidence available before settling on an option, should a typo or similar have occurred somewhere in the past?

Colin
All the right Digits Not quite in the right order !!!
I would just use the original number as on the original plates.
Dyslexia rules KO.
That should be OK with its new plate as long as the "real" DF 4620 doesn't turn up in future as a "barn find" with a full set of original paperwork Confused thankfully, that's not very likely; still irritating though,  as the history of the car has been broken by this change in registration. 

BTW, my Ulster replica/special  went straight from a buff logbook (this has been a ridiculously long build by me) where the car was down as 7.8 HP  to a V5C where it's appeared as being 857cc, so far the DVLA been unwilling to change this detail for some reason. I might need to go for a crazy overbore and/or squeeze in a long stroke crank just to make the car match the DVLA's paperwork Wink
Ah yes, thanks, sorry, I am dyslexic - shows doesn't it?  However, there was an ancient typo on the buff logbook submission I made to DVLA for my repatriated Chummy to retrieve its original number - the chassis number was actually incremented by one and this was then repeated in all the American paperwork - the DVLA didn't bat an eye.  In this case, can't you ask them to look at it again - seems obvious what has happened?

Colin
When DVLC first introduced V5 documents my Austin was given a build date of 1903 and engine capacity of 845cc.  After 45 years the car has now been returned to the road.  A polite letter to DVLA with a copy of the original green log book produced a V5C with the correct year and engine size.  They also corrected the engine No ( which was shown as same as chassis No). All done within 6 weeks.
Just received my document bundle back from the DVLA.
Letter says I will get the V5 within a month (it arrived yesterday!) HOWEVER! all the letters referred to DF 4620, but the form authorising me to get number plates made & fitted said DF4260. Unbelievable. As I have the original plates "DF4260" fitted to the car I think I will leave it for a few weeks and write an innocent letter saying the cc on the V5 is incorrect & that it doesn't tie up with the number plate form & can I have the corrected V5 ! Worth a try I think.
Still hopeful of a happy outcome on this one - why wouldn't they sort it out once they understood?

Colin
The workings of the DVLA are a mystery, I was asked by the owner of a re registered RN saloon if I knew it's original registration number. I didn't, so I phoned the DVLA where a helpful gentleman said ah you will need to fill in a V888 which he sent me. I filled it in and returned it with a covering letter and received a a letter threatening me with prosecution under the Data Protection Act with unlimited fines. Now I wasn't asking for any personal data, just the original registration number which the owner didn't know so it wasn't personal data. What is more puzzling is the DVLA sells personal data to third parties.
All that has happened here is that two digits are swapped... (I couldn't even see it at first, though hopefully there are not too many dyslexics working for the DVLA. By the way, dyslexia is not all bad news - helps with things like spacial awareness.)

Colin