The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use HT lead acorns and brass discs?
I worked it out in the end. The Accuspark stuff really needs better documentation. I needed to change the plug lead ends to right angle ones and it was then I realised the kit came with the little brass spikes and that on their website they show those being used: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QuGG7wIGj0

That's for the conventional ends. I used the same idea for the Acorn ends. Bob46320 and Peter mention the answer. I just made my own spikes from solid copper wire and pushed them down the centre and then folded them over. That did the trick. Bending the copper into a circle is probably even better.

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=2]

I still don't like the lack of strain relief on the wires but I guess that was normal back then.

I got it all working and bench tested it and have sparks so that's all good now.

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=2]

Russell might recognise the battery! 

Oh, another bad thing about the Accuspark was the oiler tube. It was aluminium on mine and meant to thread into the body (on a 6mm thread) but the thread on the tube on mine was stripped. I made a new one from some brass tube soldered to a 6mm brass screw drilled down the centre.

Tomorrow I might see if the engine actually fires. One other thing with electronic ignition is it's tricky to set the static timing. With points you can see where they open. With this I guess I need to just guess? And err on the more retarded side?

Simon

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to use HT lead acorns and brass discs? - by jansens - 09-04-2019, 09:44 AM