The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.28 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
not 7 specific - fuelling/freewheeling
I've only been driving my seven for a year and a bit, but twenty years ago I drove a pickup to over a hundred thousand miles on the original brake pads. Odd? Yes, but true.
Yes Andrew but how many miles did you drive without brakes. Only joking.?

John Mason
Would you believe it "Her who must be obeyed" refers to my Ruby as the toy.
I am intrigued about what Steve Kay says about owning a Saab 96. if memory serves me correctly, the 96 had a Ford V4 engine in it but the freewheel device was carried over from the two-stroke cars.
Both the two-stroke Saabs and the Wartburgs used a petroil mix, which meant that, if the engine was on the overrun for long periods with the throttle closed, the bottom end became starved of oil with expensive results, The freewheel device prevented this from happening.
Hi All

This thread reminds me of a trip I made as a passenger between Prague and Plzen in the mid eighties and before the “velvet” revolution.  The car, the ubiquitous Skoda.  The driver an elderly academic. The road a dual carriageway populated by locals and German tourists.

Apparently I learnt later that driving schools in Czechoslovakia taught pupils to coast as much as possible to offset the very high fuel costs at the time.

Anyway my driver accelerated as fast as his Skoda could to the brow of any incline then coasted down until the speed dropped to almost walking pace….then foot flat on the floor up the next incline.  This proved exasperating to the big German Mercs and BMWs and amusing to me. Unfortunately I had a fit of the giggles which was very difficult to hide. Vladimir Weiss if your reading this many apologies.

Cheers

Howard