The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's hot - but hotter here in their Ruby.
50C and looking cool...

Attached Files
.jpg   Mk 1 Ruby reserve.jpg (Size: 546.42 KB / Downloads: 449)
I always smile at exaggerated sloping front screen and grill of the publicity pics of the early Ruby’s mine definitely have virtually no slope at all ??
I went to a town in Morocco with a gateway like that a couple of years ago. 40 degree centigrade. It would be unbearable in a car without a cooling fan or aircon.

Jamie
One of the films on the Archive web site is a film of Austins in Morocco. Interesting that they would choose such a location. Perhaps the closest 'mysterious' place back in the day
It is still quite mysterious in some ways. Certainly a completely different way of life.
A picture like that published today in many places would earn accusations of supremicism, despite only a Seven!
More little people !
Air conditioning in hot climates? Mid Summer can be very hot in most of Australia. Air conditioning was rare here until the mid Seventies. We just wound the windows down and got on with it. As for overheating engines, none of my English cars ever boiled, but in the day, traffic jams were rare, these days I get nervous in my MGB watching the temperature climb if I get stuck in traffic. One of the attractions of English cars up until I think the late Sixties they at least had heaters whereas most of our local cars did not even have a heater option. Even a lot of Australian assembled English cars lacked a heater. How times change.
Not an Austin 7 but at least it shows navigating can be an issue in Morocco. October 2019 looking for our hotel, and thanks to Covid our last overseas tour for some years for most Australians who are not allowed to leave the country even if fully vaccinated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)