The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin new ruby chassis
Chassis what paint should I use just had my ruby blasted and is nice and clean now, I'm looking at what paint to use what do you use ?
My problem I ask questions that other people don't like?
Like have you got that for an investment or for fun?
You should have decided that before blasting, this will rust over night and needs to be painted immediately in a nice warm environment.
In the past I have chosen a blaster near a bodyshop so that I could get it painted within an hour or so of being blasted.
Are you painting by brush or spray
Sorry forgot to say it been sprayed with
a thin undercoat to stop.it rusting but need to paint within next day or so , it's also in the house for now will spray or brush paint Just asking what paint people use on there,s ?
Will be watching replies with interest!

The frame on my Ulster rep was zinc spayed after blasting some 25 years ago, then Hammerited over the top.
As far as I could see when stripped down last year the Hammerite had rubbed off here and there but the zinc coat was still 100%.

It's not beautiful but it is durable!
When you say zinc do you mean galvanised or zinc based paint you may mean a different approach, one thing I've not done a lot of is painting so I thought I'd ask ?
Not paint, it's sprayed with molten zinc.

For what it's worth the only zinc paint I've tried (Zinc 182) falls off if you so much as look at it.
Thanks zinc metal spray I now understand , it's getting done on a budget so will have to be paint ?
Trying to find what has been used and what not to use its going to be a long distance trials car so not looking for a show finish just tough one!
I have found this to be quite durable, but it dries quickly so difficult to get it on without brush marks Iusually well fill the brush and try to get it on with one stroke. Dont overbrush
http://coachpainting.uk/tekaloid.html
I reckon you want something a bit tougher than Tekaloid Zeto - and dead right about application!

Don't people powder coat their frames these days?
My preference is Bonda rust primer undercoat and 2k top coat, both can be brushed on, just my 2p.

Tom